Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Big Apple

Well hello there – I’m back and I’m breathing. The entire month of November was a complete sprint, but I can see December peeking its little head around the corner.

I hope you and yours had a fabulous Thanksgiving and a wonderful long weekend. I had the pleasure of joining my in-laws in NYC for 5 fabulous days. I wanted to share a few of the highlights:

First up, the Macy’s Day parade, of course. Times Square is a bit overwhelming, but quite intesting – there is never a dull moment.


Once upon a time, I was going to open a cupcakery. Magnolia Bakery in NYC was the ringleader of the whole cupcake trend, making millions off of $3 cupcakes. It was so nice to finally see (and taste!) the famous Magnolia Vanilla Cupcake.








Grand Central Station is amazing. It was incredible to me how even an underground train station can be so beautiful. I loved the architecture and details, most of which go unnoticed to the scurrying New Yorkers. Oh, and a little fun fact: because of the shape of the ceilings, if you stand in one corner (yes, like you are in time out) and whisper something, someone on the diagonal, opposite corner can hear you clear as day! How fun?!



Being a huge Apple fan, this was fun to see,


until I realized it was Black Friday.


Ok, so maybe we ate a lot (especially my brother-in-law who—purposefully—gained about 15 lbs. over 4 ½ days!). Ferrara Bakery in Little Italy had some delicious desserts.





Visiting (two!) Anthroplogies, including the flagship store in Rockefeller Plaza, was definitely a highlight. Their displays were creative (although some a bit strange) and inspiring.


You can’t really see it, but this sink of “dirty dishes” was a fountain that had water flowing into the sink. Very cool.


One morning my (self-less!) man hopped in a cab with me wander the streets of SoHo in search of inspiration from home boutiques. We didn’t have much time, so we really only found a couple shops, and wow! prices are high. Basically just add a zero to the end to all of my prices and that’s SoHo for you! It was still fun to look though.

I did snap some shots of pieces we came across throughout the week that I wouldn’t have minded taking home with me.





But my most favorite-est?? Elf on Broadway. So stinkin’ cute. If anyone is going to NYC this month, be sure to see it!
New York was fun, but I must say, there is no place like home. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment