Friday, March 25, 2011

a petite surprise among other things...

happy friday!

I have some big news and the best petite surprise EVER!

There's a little bun in our oven. :)
Patrick and I are thrilled and can't wait for our little one to arrive in September.

I'm going to go ahead and blame this on the pregnancy, but I have total creative block. It seems like sleep or food is all I think about these days, and those aren't topics I'm very good at writing about. I contemplated posting on the sheer goodness of an english muffin, or perhaps a recount of the Thanksgiving meal I prepared on Monday night - yes complete with ALL the fixings. (dang cravings!) Anyways, I didn't want to bore you to tears. Here's the problem: I've got nothin.

Except for this, which technically probably falls into the food category, but I'm sure all you non-preggers out there will enjoy it just as much as I!

Drum roll please....orangelimeade!

With no coffee or red wine in my diet anymore, I've been getting a little sick of water. This is a delicious (and nutritious!) treat.

1. Gather your oranges and limes. I used honeybells and temples which are super juicy right now. Barbour's Produce has them for 10/$1. Can't beat that.


2. Juice until you have 1 cup of orange juice, and then add 1/4 cup of lime. Depending on your sweet to tart preferences, adjust as needed. (If you don't have one of these, you need one!) I used 3 oranges and 2 limes.


3. Make a simple sugar concoction. Combine 1 cup water and 1/2 cup of sugar in a saucepan. Boil until the sugar dissolves.


4. Combine juices, 1 cup water, and 1 cup simple sugar in a blender. Pulse until pulp is pulverized.

5. Serve over a full glass of ice and garnish with orange and lime slices. Add a straw and enjoy!

Hope you have a {refreshing} weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Molly, I'm so excited for you and the little Johnson Stracuzzi in your oven! My Dad told me about your column in the Post and then I traced you back here, to your blog. Being without Facebook has been hard only because of missing these nice lil' surprises (like childhood friends' pregnancies). Congratulations!

    tranquilablamo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you - we are super excited! I just heard a bit about what you are up to - good luck! Sounds like fun. :)

    ReplyDelete