Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Guest Room Makeover Part 3 - Finishing Touches

To finish up the guest bedroom, I threw the pillows on the bed and hung the valences, added a live orchid (one of my favorite accessories!), hung a few paintings, and made a bulletin board with extra fabric.

I stepped back to view the big picture, but something wasn't right. Something was off. I couldn't put my finger on it, but I thought it had to do with the window treatments. That's when my Mama Dukes suggested I try taking the valences down. Voila! Room complete.

I'm one of those people who has to see it to know if its right. Unfortunately, that creates extra work sometimes - rearranging the furniture six times, sewing two valences that you don't end up using, etc. Oh well, you live and learn, right?

Enjoy the photos!








My favorite part of the room? This giant mirror's reflection that makes this tiny space feel roomy!



As with the rest of our house, I'm sure this bedroom isn't completely finished, but it was nice to have a welcoming space for our guests this past weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment