Friday, June 11, 2010

Guest Room Makeover


A year ago January, my man and I bought our first home. The house had great bones (for what our budget could afford) and it's in our favorite location. The house, however, needed LOTS of work. We did extensive renovations (one day I'll show you the evidence), and finally, the new Mr. and Mrs. moved in at the end of May.

New AC, new roof, new floors, new kitchen, new bathroom, new drywall, new...you get the point. The only three rooms we didn't touch were the 2 extra bedrooms and the master bath. Wait, I take that back. We painted the 2 extra bedrooms, but did nothing structurally. Needless to say, after making thousands of decisions during the re-model, I wasn't exactly feeling "inspired" to design (and implement and pay for) a welcoming guest room.

Did I mention the paint color I chose for the guest room was a horrendous shade of green? So much in fact that I often close the door to this room so that I avoid seeing the color in passing.

Fast forward one year. My mama dukes informed me two weeks ago that my out-of-town aunts and uncles and cousins will be crashing at our house for my brother's June 18th wedding.

I thought it would be fun to do a series of posts taking you through our Guest Room Makeover. Today I'll leave you with a sneak peak of the unsightly "before".






Give a girl a break - I was graduating from college, moving back to Florida, planning a wedding, remodeling a house, and working two jobs when I chose this paint color. Frightful - I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment