Friday, June 11, 2010

Guest Room Makeover Part 1 - Inspiration


When Mama Dukes informed me of the family arriving in a measly 3 weeks, I knew I had to give our guest bedroom a makeover. I mean, c'mon - the niece with her own home interior store couldn't exactly welcome the family into her stagnant, ugly guest quarters. After a little convincing, my man gave me the okay (and a budget :/).

Let the frenzy begin...

When designing a new room, there's usually something I just have to have. Whether its a lighting fixture, a texture, a particular style or piece of furniture, there's always something that I'm drawn to and want to incorporate. I'm also one of those gals who likes to take her time on the inspiration stage. Unfortunately, no time for that here!

Thankfully, I currently LOVE ("obsession" is probably befitting) a particular color. It's perfect - not too pink, not too orange. It's traditional and quirky. Fun, yet timeless.




Let's call it papaya. Yes, papaya it is.



I'm loving it for interiors, but I also think it would be a great summer wardrobe addition!

So there you have it - my inspiration. More later...


No comments:

Post a Comment