Thursday, July 1, 2010

Can't. Even. Wait.

Although I love the usual backyard bbq with friends and family followed by a beautiful fireworks show over the St. Lucie River, I'm uber (did I say that?!?) excited about this particular 4th of July. Both sides of my family made other plans for this holiday weekend, (one to the Appalachians and the other hundreds of miles off the coast sailing!) so my man and I were responsible for our own festivities this year.

After several friends backed out on a short trip to the Keys, I was sure I was destined to celebrate the 4th doing something ridiculously fun, like the much needed cleaning out of our garage. I had a revelation, however, and decided that our countrymen did not fight for our freedom so that I could spend Independence Day in garage bondage.

Enter, lastminutetravel.com.

The garage can wait - I'll be whisking my man away for a mini (surprise!) stay-cation at this gorgeous hotel just a couple of hours from home. I'm looking forward to relaxation and quality time with my man, but I'm sure I 'll return with loads of inspiration from this Italian palazzo full of Mediterranean architecture!

Do me one favor this weekend: celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment