Thursday, January 13, 2011

Together We Are a Force For Good

Ok, I’m back (and better than ever!). And I’m so excited to share this with you.

Jan 1-4 my husband and I went to Atlanta with 30 people from our church to attend an event for 20ish-aged people called Passion.

Rocked. Our. Worlds.

For many reasons, but I’ll share this one with you.

At this event, there was a “Do Something Now” center that invited that students to do just that. There were 10 carefully selected organizations that wanted to partner with students to help the poor, enslaved, impoverished and sick of our world.

As many of you know who attended Until Every Child is Fed, there is a very soft spot in my heart for the children who go to bed hungry each night. Who survive on cardboard until eventually their little bodies can’t fight any more and they literally die from starvation. So as you can imagine, my heart was already drawn to this center.

So as if that wasn’t cool enough, let me tell you about their displays. Think Anthropologie on steroids, for a purpose (as in one more significant than getting you to buy ridiculously priced items just because they have it set up so fun and creatively). I was blown away by the (God-given!) creativity of the team that pulled this off. Not that photos do it justice, but take a look.

Jesus softened hearts.

$1.1 million was raised.

In 4 days.

By broke college students.

“The least of these” will be fed.

Cared for.

Loved on.

Set free.

Redeemed.

Restored.

All in the name of Jesus.


And that same Jesus freed me.

Fulfills me.

Loves me.

Redeems me.

Rejoices over me.

Satisfies me.

It blows my mind.


Do you know this Jesus?

I would love to buy you a cup of coffee and tell you about the greatest thing that’s ever happened to me. Just tell me when.

No comments:

Post a Comment