Monday, December 13, 2010

Master{ing the}Bath ~ Phase 2, The Hunt


Back on November 3rd, I posted some inspiration photos for our master bathroom remodel. I’d like to announce that we are officially in Stage 2: we made our first purchase!

Oh and what a steal it was – 100 square feet of (might I add, gorgeous!) honed marble for less than $100! Some installer cleaned out his storage unit, and I happened upon it, making for a very happy day. :)

Anything would be an upgrade when compared with our yellow linoleum that wishes it was terrazzo…

As happy as I was about the price, it was great to have one thing…solidified (for lack of a better word). For so long I was back and forth between styles and stones and floorplans and vanities and...it is nice to have something purchased (that can’t be returned!) to base the other elements around.

We have finally decided on a floor plan, which means I have measurements for our vanity and corner storage piece. I’d like to use a piece of furniture for the vanity with this feel:

You’d think that being in the furniture business, I’d be able to find something – you know, the cream of the crop. Nope. I’ve been looking for about 6 months and nada. So lovies, I hate to leave you hanging, but it’s my day off from the shop and I’m out to hunt!

Don’t worry, I’m looking for new fun stuff for the shop too. Be sure to stop in to see what I find. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment